Management Consulting Expert
Francesco has almost twenty years of experience in finance, consulting, business management, and sustainability. Throughout these years, he has worked on more than 20 projects as a consultant at Bain & Company and launched Uber operations in Turin, Italy. Lately, he has founded Tondo, an organization spreading circular economy concepts, and Tondo lab, a company driving the implementation of clean and circular innovations. Francesco is passionate about innovation and entrepreneurship.
Co-founder | Managing Director
- Assisted a major Asian energy company in creating their venture-building factory focusing on sustainability by crafting their partnership model and investment strategy.
- Assessed the US and Europe's most relevant sustainable and circular tech trends for a major service real estate company to identify their potential market value.
- Coordinated the market and technical due diligence in a last-generation wastewater treatment plant producing bioplastics, reviewing and redeveloping the financial plan.
- Developed the financial plan for a new automotive designer player focusing on electric cars, including profit and loss, cash flow, and balance sheet for five entities.
- Provided support to a major multi-utility company in testing and validating the inspection of hydropower plants using an autonomous rover in collaboration with an R&D lab.
- Assessed a mobility player in the Middle East to identify and design a new operating model's main organizational and technological elements.
- Supported a utility company to test and launch a new technology for collecting data on water consumption in collaboration with a startup.
- Developed the financial plan for a startup, working as a trading platform in the fish industry supporting waste reduction, which collected €20 million in Series A.
- Assisted a major multi-utility and energy company in scouting circular and sustainable startups.
- Supported a private equity firm in commercial due diligence, analyzing the Italian market's potential for an educational institute's expansion plan.
Co-founder | President
- Designed and coordinated seven significant innovation and circular economy events involving major companies, startups, and research institutes in Milan, Naples, Genoa, and Taranto.
- Coordinated the activities on a study evaluating the sustainability and circularity level of northern Italy's fashion and textile industry.
- Conducted market research on startups implementing circular business models in the Italian market.
- Offered classes and workshops to corporates and educational institutes on circular economy and innovation.
- Designed and managed two online national hackathons in circular cities involving eight corporates and over 20 universities.
- Launched a platform, supported by a European grant, to drive local development of the circular economy by analyzing local circularity and promoting circular projects.
- Developed different tools to measure the level of circularity at the product, company, and city levels, using the most relevant methodologies and standards.
- Managed a study on the Material Flow Analysis (MFA) at the city level for a town in the south of Italy to propose the most relevant projects to develop.
Strategy, Finance, and Innovation
- Developed the strategic plan for a large Singaporean educational institute entering the European market, including market analysis, competitive landscape, company position, and business plan.
- Created a go-to-market strategy for a North American carpooling platform entering a new country, assessed main marketing channels, approach per channel, segments, and main messages.
- Set up the operations–including defining the operational processes, KPIs, and the action plan–and the go-to-market strategy for a personal services platform, launching operations in the Italian market.
- Supported the implementation of strategic partnerships, including company presentation, identification of possible targets, and main synergies for an e-grocery platform scaling-up operations in Italy.
- Analyzed the market and the competitive landscape for an IT outsourcing company operating in the US and Africa, backed by Google Ventures.
- Evaluated a potential target in the Italian market for a large global private equity firm.
- Identified the most disrupting innovations that could impact a major beauty player.
- Implemented, as a project manager, the launch in Italy of a new product for an international mobility player.
- Built the financial model and the investor decks to support the financing from a major bank and the fundraising from investors for a robotics startup.
- Served as the temporary business development director for an international professional service firm, managing the sales plan definition and reorganizing sales activities.
Home Professional Services Marketplace
- Fleshed out the business development strategy, including significant partnerships to develop, main categories to focus on, and new cities to launch, along with the financial plan.
- Updated, periodically, investors and shareholders on main KPIs, such as cost per user acquisition, cost per request, and revenue growth and strategy implementation.
- Defined the marketing strategy, including marketing channels and budget allocated per channel, and monitored acquisition performance per channel.
- Defined operational KPIs, operating processes like acquisition and training, and principal focus areas.
- Fundraised the initial seed capital from angel investors and implemented two strategic partnerships with main industry leaders.
Supply Growth and Operations Manager
- Launched Uber in a new city, Turin, in the Italian market, achieving 15 weeks of continuous double-digit growth, and awarded as one of Uber's fastest-growing cities in Europe.
- Led the supply growth, including marketing and acquisition process for Italy, coordinating efforts for all five cities: Milan, Rome, Turin, Genoa, and Padua.
- Identified channels for driver acquisition like Google AdWords, Facebook, job boards, and radio; defined the channel strategy and monitored the acquisition performance.
- Built up the metrics to monitor the onboarding process for driver acquisition; created the procedures for each process step, and improved the training material.
- Led the business development for Italy, assessing potential new products (e.g., UberEATS) to launch in the Italian market.
- Managed the operations and monitored the overall supply performance for Turin; identified and negotiated main strategic partnerships to support business development.
Associate | Senior Associate | Consultant
Bain & Company
- Defined the business plan for an international manufacturing player operating in the automotive industry.
- Identified addressable markets, built a business model, and created a growth strategy for a mid-sized energy service player.
- Wrote the business plan to help an infrastructure and public services player raise financing from a major bank.
- Optimized the cost structure and working capital for two major energy players.
- Developed more than five strategic, business, and commercial due diligence plans for several retail, industrial, and energy players.
- Implemented post-merger integration processes for two major energy players as the project manager.
- Built a credit risk model and dashboard for a major multinational energy player.
Associate Financial Analyst
- Identified key areas for sales linearity improvement (e.g., planning, sourcing quality, and manufacturing processes).
- Defined the detailed quarterly sales plans for manufacturing and sourcing and developed a root cause analysis for variances.
- Developed a monthly dashboard for the manufacturing metrics (e.g., cost per material input and labor cost per hour).
- Created a detailed forecast on material input during a Six Sigma project, which improved the budgeting process.
- Supported the global supply chain management with a specific financial analysis during the quarterly FP&A update.
- Developed financial models to evaluate investment projects in the energy sector for leading investment banks in London.
- Created a financial model for a major offshore wind farm in the UK.
- Built a financial model for a large solar plant in Africa.
- Underwent training in financial modeling development using the F1F9 methodology in New Delhi.
Commercial Drones Are Revolutionizing Business Operations
The Impending Commercial Robot Revolution
Feeding the Future: An Overview of the Agrifood Industry
Feeding the Future: An Overview of Agrifood Technology
A Deep Dive Into the Future of Mobility
Executive Course in Circular Economy and Sustainability
Massachusetts Institute of Technology - Online
Executive Course in Disruptive Strategy
Harvard Business School - Online
Coursework Toward a PhD in Business Management
University of Bologna - Bologna, Italy
Master's Degree in Finance
24ORE Business School - Milan, Italy
Bachelor's/Master's Combined Degree in Business Administration
University of Naples Federico II - Naples, Italy